A scale-up is a company which has an average annualised return of at least 20% in the previous three years with at least 10 employees at the beginning of the period.
The start-up program was begun in 2015 and has supported about 1800 companies globally, among them being Compressor.io.
OVHcloud's contribution has been estimated at about US$10 million in infrastructure credits and development work.
"The mission of OVHcloud's Start-Up program is to support this innovation and contribute to economic dynamism by helping young and daring companies to develop in an ecosystem of trust."
The OVHcloud program runs for 12 months and provides:
- A grant of up to €10,000 (A$16,488) to be used on OVHcloud products for start-ups and up to €100,000 for scale-ups;
- Personalised support from six hours for start-ups and up to 20 hours for scale-ups;
- A dedicated community space to exploit the potential of the OVHcloud ecosystem;
- Access to the Open Trusted Cloud program from the first day for scale-ups and at the end of the 12-month program for start-ups;
- Opportunities to get known through joint communications with OVHcloud, booths at international trade shows, speaking opportunities during OVHcloud events, workshops and conferences dedicated to start-ups (online and offline) as well as joint use cases published on the OVHcloud website; and.
- Start-ups with the fastest developments can upgrade to the level of support dedicated to scale-ups during the program.
"Today, nearly 90% of start-ups disappear in less than three years," said Malgorzata Ratajska-Grandin, director of OVHcloud's Start-Up Program. Meeting a need and having a strong growth potential are not enough to ensure their sustainability; it is necessary to have reached a certain level of maturity, to have a solid infrastructure and to know how to surround oneself with trusted partners in order to develop fully.
"Our objective is to support each start-up at its own pace and according to its needs, so that as many of them as possible can take off."
Ratajska-Grandin hopes to be able to support up to 500 start-ups over the next 12 months. In order to achieve this aim, the Start-Up Program teams are expanding on a global scale and have recently been strengthened internationally with experts dedicated to supporting start-ups. They will soon be present in the US.
At the end of the program, participating organisations will be able to continue using OVHcloud infrastructures or not. They can also integrate the Open Trusted Cloud program, its trusted ecosystem of SaaS and PaaS services.