The Polly Farmer Foundation offers a variety of academic enrichment programs for indigenous students across Australia pursuing degrees in engineering and technology.
Motorola says the worldwide grants allocations to 250 non-profit organisations that provide education in technology, engineering and public safety will benefit more than two million students, first responders, teachers, veterans and community members in 32 countries.
“The Foundation is committed to supporting both today’s and tomorrow’s engineers and first responders,” said Monica Mueller, executive director of the Motorola Solutions Foundation.
“We are proud to partner with organisations across the globe that work to create safer cities and promote innovative technology education for students.”
Motorola says that since 1995, the Motorola Solutions Foundation has awarded nearly US$300 million in grants, and this year’s grants were awarded based on input from more than 400 Motorola Solutions employees worldwide who volunteered to be grant reviewers.
Here’s the full list of Motorola grants internationally and in North America:
- The Graham (Polly) Farmer Foundation Inc.: Offers a variety of academic enrichment programs for indigenous students across Australia pursuing degrees in engineering and technology.
- Passerelles Numériques: Provides education as well as technical and professional training in the digital sector to underprivileged youth.
- University College London: Teaches students and staff about the physical vulnerability of school buildings against earthquakes, floods and typhoons through a program focused on the safety of community and school facilities.
- MATE Inspiration for Innovation: Inspires students to learn and creatively apply technology and engineering skills to solve real-world problems through underwater robot challenges and competitions.
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs: Provides mental health resilience and awareness training for firefighters in Newfoundland, Labrador and the Northwest Territories.
- National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives: Provides a mentoring program to support women entering the law enforcement field and those who are progressing through their careers.