The COVID-19 Employee Safety and Business Continuity Tracker app provides live dashboards that visualise the scope of COVID-19 exposure in the workforce and the impact it may have on operations.
Employees self-report their COVID-19 status via a short risk assessment questionnaire (pictured below). Responses feed into the status dashboards and trigger automated actions that guide affected employees, their managers, and the human resources department appropriate with instructions.
Inspiration for the came from a Pega client that one of the largest healthcare providers in the US with over 200,000 employees and volunteers.
The organisation used the Pega Platform for low-code application development to configure and deploy a system to help understand who is cleared to work and determine when infected or at-risk staff can re-enter the schedule rotation.
Pega extended the idea to develop the COVID-19 Employee Safety and Business Continuity Tracker so it could be used by its clients in any industry.
The customisable app comes with pre-built automated workflows for actions such as:
• Analysing employees’ risk levels (high, medium, or low) based on screening questions
• Sending tailored instructions to the affected employee based on their risk level
• Alerting applicable managers and HR on newly-assessed employees
• Generating checklists for HR managers with actions for affected employees
• Estimating the likely return-to-work date for employees
• Sending employees periodic reminders to update their COVID-19 health status to help ensure the most up-to-date data and staff availability
Clients can also integrate the app with existing systems such as including HR and scheduling. That enables functions such as:
• Identifying other employees who might have been exposed to an infected worker based on their meeting schedule or offices visited
• Continuity planning to maintain ongoing work with unaffected staff
• Alerting other departments who need to take action on building access, scheduling, and communication
The COVID-19 Employee Safety and Business Continuity Tracker is available via the Pega Marketplace at no cost for all current Pega Platform clients.
“Speed and accuracy are critical elements in times of crisis,” said Pegasystems founder and CEO Alan Trefler.
“With the state of the COVID-19 pandemic rapidly evolving, Pega quickly developed this app to help our clients ensure the wellbeing of their employees and customers while also helping to mitigate their business risks. We hope this contributes in some small way to the ongoing fight against the virus during these extraordinary circumstances.”