ActiveVisor "monitors and manages the state of ActiveImage Protector agents, allowing system administrators to maintain system continuity".
"By collecting information from distributed agents over the network, ActiveVisor provides a visual representation of overall system protection, sends email notifications of client backup status, monitors storage space availability of devices, and administers deployment of agents, schedules and tasks," the company says.
"System administrators save time and reduce costs by managing ActiveImage Protector agent settings, providing peace of mind that continuous and reliable backups are performed."
- Graphical dashboard: The dashboard window provides a graphical representation of computers on the network, OS types, and ActiveImage protected client machines, and visually draws attention to the status of task execution.
- Add managed clients: Users can select specific clients and add these as managed clients, so they monitor and manage agent tasks.
- Managed client grouping: Clients can be grouped for management purposes. Groups can be rearranged, if necessary, based on changes to a systems configuration.
- Detailed and flexible scheduling: Schedules may be configured based on individual client requirements, or apply a predefined scheduled template to deploy a pattern-based backup schedule to batches of clients.
- Monitor agent status and view logs: ActiveVisor monitors task status, task execution and agent status. ActiveVisor can display task execution logs for managed clients, and provides pre-emptive information such as insufficient space for efficient storage management.
- Visual alert: In the event of a system failure, ActiveVisor provides table views illustrating where the failure occurred, so the affected system can be recovered quickly.
- Push install: The Push Installer finds unprotected machines in the domain or workgroup and remotely pushes ActiveImage Protector to the client machine.
- Licence manager: Licence Manager provides centralised management of ActiveImage protected clients, displays product key information, lists licensed client machines and re-assigns licences as needed.
The company says "ActiveVisor is provided at no additional charge to ActiveImage Protector users who have valid annual maintenance contracts."
More information is here.