SuiteSuccess will transform the way NetSuite builds, sells, delivers and supports industry solutions, the company
Put simply, it is a unified industry cloud solution; it is the combination of the NetSuite core financials product along with eight best-practice industry verticals across
- advertising media, publishing (AMP);
- financial technology;
- service-based business;
- software/Internet; and
- wholesale distribution.
However, SuiteSuccess is not simply an industry vertical clipped onto NetSuite. Where NetSuite sees it as a game-changer is the "best practice" aspect.
While most ERP vendors try to solve unique industry challenges with templates, rapid implementation methodologies and extensive customisations, NetSuite aims to productise domain knowledge, leading practices, KPIs and agile approach to product adoption.
For business, this means faster time to receive value, increased business efficiency, flexibility and greater customer success.
Despite being a new announcement, SuiteSuccess already has 300 customers and is available right now. It will expand into more industries and to current NetSuite customers over the remainder of 2017.
NetSuite commits to keeping its leading practices updated as business thinking advances. "It will be easier to move from what is leading practice now, to what will be leading practice in the future, than to move to leading practice from what has been implemented specifically for a customer with what seemed right at the time," Jim McGeever, executive vice-president, NetSuite Global Business Unit, said.
"SuiteSuccess is what is next for NetSuite and our customers," McGeever said. "When we started SuiteSuccess, we had high expectations, but the results our customers have achieved have gone way beyond our wildest dreams."
SuiteSuccess leverages four pillars:
- Build – a complete suite to support the modern business including ERP, CRM, omnichannel commerce, HR and business intelligence built on the NetSuite cloud platform, continually updated.
- Engage – leading practices for each industry and role including workflows, KPIs, reports, dashboards and metrics, with the flexibility to personalise.
- Consume – intelligently staged approach via NetSuite's industry 'stairway' allows companies to consume capabilities based on their business needs. This drives faster time to value, better ROI and greater user adoption.
- Optimise – customers benefit from continuous engagement, updated leading practices, new feature releases, movement up the stairway, and also being on the latest release.
The writer is attending the Oracle+NetSuite SuiteWorld 2017 conference in Las Vegas as a guest of the company.