Veeam’s latest Availability Platform supports everything – public cloud, private cloud, managed cloud, and on or off premises. Its motto is “Always-on Enterprise” that that essentially means it provides among the fastest back-up and recovery services, including recovery service level objectives (SLOs) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data and automated disaster recovery (DR) orchestration.
Peter McKay, president and chief operating officer at Veeam says: “The new Availability Platform for the hybrid cloud represents an inflection point for us. More than 200,000 customers over the past 10 years have embraced our 24.7.365 access to data and applications availability solutions. Availability Platform marks a new era in how we address enterprise requirements for a comprehensive availability solution for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads.”
Phil Goodwin, research director protection, availability and recovery at IDC, said, “Digital transformation success depends on upon high data and application availability especially in the hybrid cloud. A recent worldwide IDC survey of Veeam customers revealed solid availability business results, including significant improvements in SLA compliance, downtime, and IT operations management time as compared to other solutions.”
Veeam Availability Platform delivers the next generation of Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads, providing:
- Private cloud and virtual server workload Availability Veeam Availability Suite.
- Public cloud and physical server workload Availability with Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
- Disaster recovery orchestration with Veeam Availability Orchestrator.
- A cloud-enabled management console for service providers managed cloud and distributed enterprise environments with Veeam Availability Console and Veeam Cloud Connect.
It also announced Q4, 2016 Veeam Backup & Replication support for Microsoft Office 365 that mitigates the risk of losing access to email data and ensures email data:
- Securely backs up Office 365 email data.
- Quickly recovers individual mailbox items with best-of-breed granularity.
- Efficiently performs eDiscovery of email archives with advanced search capabilities and flexible recovery and export options.
It has also announced that additional primary storage integration with the IBM Storwize family and IBM SVC platform will be included in Veeam Availability Suite v10.
Additional information on v10 will be released during VeeamON 2017, the world’s Premier Data Centre Availability Event, taking place from 16 to 18 May, 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Registration is now open.