In a blog post, the company described the update as the company's biggest since its last major revamp a year ago.
The new update features an Instagram-themed shutter and shutter release button, a preview of the most recent photo on the camera roll, a grid guide for the scale and crop screen, and an improved camera roll image selector for those lucky enough to have an iPhone 5.
An update to the app's tilt-shift also allows for more precise blurring and a "vastly more realistic rendering of depth of field."
Other bonuses include:
- News Feed redesign that’s easier to digest, in addition to larger images.
- Beautiful new welcome screen design.
- Infinite scroll on user profiles and other grid views.
- Filtered photos are now saved to a separate album called “Instagram” in the iOS camera roll.
- Foursquare button on location pages that opens the Foursquare application, or mobile website, with details about the venue.
The updates are available to download for both iOS and Android users right away.