It must be hard for STM to find new names for new series like this – Velo, Sequel, Annex, Velocity, Drifter, Trust, Aero, Impluse, Alley, Kitty, Maryanne … You get the drift. What is certain is that an extensive range is required to cater for everyone! And I have yet to find any STM bag that was not exceptionally well made and of the highest quality.
The Quantum is a soft-sided briefcase that covers smaller road warrior notebooks and tablets. It is top opening to make it easy to remove the device at airport screening and has lots of pocket to store cables – now there is a story.
When I travel I now need:
- 4 way power board
- 2 metre extension power cable
- 4 port USB hub with a 2 x 2.1A charger (to charge multiple devices and power a tablet)
- MicroUSB to full size Female USB socket
- WD MyPassport external drive or USB sticks
- Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
- variety of lengths of USB to microUSB cables
- MHL to HDMI cable for projection
- Set of Bluetooth headphones
- Backup battery pack
- And that is before I pack the portable USB DVD player if I need entertainment or my Smart Phone and its charger (I cheat and use the USB hub).
Seriously my kit is far bigger that the damned tablet or notebook these days and the Quantum compartmentalises these items very well.
Outside it is made from Poly 300D Velocity PU2+ water resistant material. Inside is the 200g soft Nylex fabric. Total weight is 960gm and it will travel easily and safely as cabin baggage. It comes in Black or grey and is available on-line for under A$110 plus shipping.