A little lesson – if your headset has a standard audio jack you are at a disadvantage. USB powered headsets generally have a digital signal processor (DSP) and amplifier built in for better sound.
And, no, these 7.1 headsets do not have seven speakers and a sub-woofer. Inside are two 40mm Neodymium drivers that produce everything from deep bass to high-end sound. The DSP effectively simulates the seven sound directions: front - left, centre, right; mid - left, right (used mainly for sound effects); rear - left and right (used mainly for surround effects).
The closed ear cups provide sound isolation and the DSP has a number of gaming and music modes.
“As we continue to develop and build on our software front, we’re able to add more and more capabilities to our products. What we put into the Razer Kraken 7.1 is a great example of just that, from the customizable, personalized surround sound engine, to the optimized digital microphone algorithms that gives this headset its incredible performance,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and Creative Director. “With its superior software capabilities, unrivalled sound quality and comfort, the Razer Kraken 7.1 is the definitive USB surround sound headset for PC gaming.”
- Retractable digital microphone
- Designed for extended gaming comfort
- Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled – highly customisable sound engine
- Powerful drivers for highest-quality gaming audio
- Closed ear cup design for optimal sound isolation
- Foldable ear cups for maximum portability Headphones Drivers: 40mm neodymium magnets Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω Sensitivity @ 1kHz: 112dB
- Output Power: 30mW
- Connector: Gold plated USB Cable Length: 2m braided USB cable
- Approximate Weight: 340g
- Price: AU$169.95