I know gamers are special people with special needs but glowing orange headsets, or green Alienware computers, grunge, uniforms, or drinking too much Coke – I digress.
SteelSeries headsets have had a reputation for being really sick, dude! (Translated - awesome, really good, cool) and the Siberia V2 Heat Orange uses 16 super bright LEDs to illuminate the ear cups in six modes, to make the point that good taste and gamers is not always synonymous. If glowing orange is not your thing, Siberia V2 comes in a frost Blue USB edition as well.
As an iTWire journo who does more headphone reviews than most I felt obliged to tell you about these cans:
- 50mm drivers 18-28000 Hz
- Built in digital signal processor and up to 8 customisable equaliser settings per game profile
- Upgradeable firmware
- Leather covered ear cups for acoustic noise isolation
- Lightweight and fully adjustable for long periods of use
- Retractable active noise cancelling microphone
- 1m inline control cable
- USB* cable 2m
- RRP $159.99 from most major retailers and computer stores.
*Note that the USB version does not work with Sony PlayStation, Xbox or devices using standard 3.5mm or 6.5mm audio output. There are versions for: standard 3.5mm audio cable in Glossy white, red, black, pink, orange, and blue sans LED lights. Also, a cross platform version for Xbox One/360, PS3, Mac and PC, and an iPod/Phone/Pad TRRS jack version in white.