- Waterproof to 15m and auto-distortion control to correct barrel and pincushion effects - the flash even works under water.
- Drop resistant from 2 metres - MIL-STD 810F, IPX8 standard
- Dust resistant
- Electronic compass and GPS (location, altitude, depth gauge, and direction)
- Works in -10 degrees centigrade
- 14.2MP Nikon CX format sensor
- ISO 160-6400
- 15fps high speed continuous still shot rate
- Up to 4608x3072 pixel images – stores in RAW or JPEG
- SD/HC/XC video cards
- 1080p 15 fps video recording
- 921K dot 3” monitor (no viewfinder)
All Nikon 1 series lenses work with the body but two have been designed for underwater use.
- 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f3.5-5.6
- 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f2.8
- Filter AW 40.5 NC lens filter
- LED Light LD-1000 that offers continuous illumination – an underwater speed light flash unit is coming
Pricing has not been announced – expect around AU$1,000 with lens packages extra.
As iTWire covers more digital cameras, we get a better feel for what is important. This is an important camera for adventure and outdoor types as well as sports (skiing) and water (rafting, snorkelling). It is not the highest specified camera but it is the best for its intended use. Note that it does not float so a lanyard strap is important.