Thinking now about security related issues. If you became aware that personal information that was being held by an organisation you dealt with had been accessed by an unauthorised person, would you take any of the following actions?
1. Stop dealing with that organisation, such as closing your account (85 / 10 / 4)
2. Continue dealing with the organisation but not online (24 / 67 / 8)
3. Take legal action (47 / 43 / 10)
4. Publicly expose the issue (64 / 30 / 6)
5. Change your passwords on that organisation's website and any other sites you are concerned about (88 / 5 / 6)
This means that when presented with a data breach (such as Taste or Lush), Australians would be most likely to change passwords (good!), stop dealing with the organisation (knee-jerk , but if they want to...), publicly expose the organisation (presumably via Facebook, Twitter, but also word-of-mouth), take legal action (yeah, sure!) and least likely to continue dealing, but not with their on-line entity (uh-huh).
Continued on the next page.