First impressions of this game can be deceiving. Although visually the 2007 iteration is superior to its forebears, the game graphically does not initially deliver.
But persistence and passion for the game will win through in the end. Once you have mastered the somewhat clumsy (not sloppy) controls, the true depth of this sporting simulation shines through. And though the visuals are somewhat inferior to competing sport titles, any fan can soon recognise the actual players and stadiums as well as distinctive moves by players.
This passionate supporter is who IR Gurus are aiming for. Only a true aficionado of this sport will appreciate such aspects as key player matchups, the importance of the ruck tap to space, the bewildering difference between a ‘push in the back’ and ‘holding the ball’ free kicks. Not to mention hearing Dennis Cometti saying ‘centimetre perfect’
The depth goes on. Specifically IR Gurus have shoved a lot of detail into this game;
* All sixteen teams in the AFL season, over 600 official AFL players (including Rookies) and all nine main premiership stadiums appear in AFL Premiership 2007
* Realistic motion-capture from real players to create realistic on-screen player movement and multiple coaching strategies
* Nine stadiums from around Australia.
* Select your favourite guernsey for your team from 1874 to 2006 and all of this year’s new guerneys.
* Season mode
* Career mode
* Four player support via PlayStation2 multitap
* Eyetoy enhanced. Supports Eyetoy Cameo – put yourself in the game.
Mission mode puts the player into a classic situation from the past, whether it be a turning point in a famous final or a desperate almost impossible situation and asks the player to triumph. At last I can guide my Magpies to victory over the Lions in 2002!
There are some minor problems check page 2