Kentrox®, Inc., an innovator of site monitoring, management, and control solutions, announces immediate availability of the tower management module for enhanced site management. Tower providers and their footprint are growing rapidly. As their footprint expands, understanding site conditions becomes more challenging. One of the most difficult requirements is monitoring tower assets (access, commercial power, tenant power, generators, batteries, tower lights, etc.) and more importantly, knowing how to accurately bill each tenant for energy consumption, including the varying cost of providing the power (commercial, fuel-based back-up sources, etc.).
The Kentrox tower management module provides the applications needed to help tower providers meter, monitor, and manage multi-tenant sites. The applications use Optima and the Remote suite of products to monitor tower assets by providing the following:
· Environmental monitoring: monitors the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity at the tower site and initiates alarms on conditions that are outside of a specified range. Monitors and reports on tower lights and alarms in any failure condition.
· Battery monitoring: monitors the voltage during float and discharge conditions and predicts the battery discharge time during outages.
· AC power monitoring: monitors power quality and energy usage including support for multi-tenant billing scenarios.
· Generator management and control: monitors the generator status, initiates alarms when potential issues arise, and starts/stops generator systems.
· Fuel monitoring and management: monitors fuel level and consumption, initiates alarms for potential theft, and helps to prioritize fuel delivery.
· Tenant energy metering: provides detail on site power and energy used for each tenant for accurate billing for commercial AC and generator power.
Each packaged module supports several applications and includes the information, reports, measurements, network elements, alarms, and sensors/controllers that are needed for each application. The modules include a new Optima Live View showing the per site status overview of the specific application's alarms and key performance indicators (KPIs). It provides auto-refresh and single click links to pre-defined reports, alarms, analysis, and controls. The standardized reports are context sensitive and provide a one click zoom to the selected alarms or KPIs to better understand site status.
'Understanding conditions at a tower site is often a challenge for tower providers, and knowing how to properly bill each tenant for actual energy consumption has been difficult' explains Ben Stump, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of Kentrox. 'By adding the tower management module to their network, a tower provider can now ensure the tower assets are functioning correctly, be notified if issues arise, and accurately bill tenants for actual energy consumption.'