Great Place To Work (GPTW) says it "surveyed 51,937 employees at 135 companies for the study".
This year is the ninth year that GPTW has been "curating the study of Australia’s best workplaces".
There are two categories, under 100 employees and over 100 employees, and each company earns a score based on two factors.
GPTW tells us that: "Two-thirds of the total score comes from the employee responses to a 58 statement survey. The remaining third comes from GPTW’s evaluation of the company’s procedures in nine specific practice areas."
“A great workplace is one where you trust the people you work for, have pride in what you do and enjoy the people you work with,” says Zrinka Lovrencic, GPTW’s managing director, who is billed as an expert in what goes into making average workplaces good and good workplaces great.
“I’ve been fortunate enough to study over 1000 Australian companies and the holy trinity of managing people is to have a mission statement, goals and values. You have to give your employees a reason to stay.
“It’s not about the money. It’s about making them feel valued and part of the team. Knowing that they are part of the success or failure of the company.”
The videos of the awards ceremony split into its separate parts, along with three interviews, are embedded below both lists of winners in the two categories.
THE 25 BEST PLACES TO WORK WITH OVER 100 EMPLOYEES:
- Salesforce (IT/Software)
- Stryker (Healthcare/Medical Sales & Distribution)
- Atlassian (IT/Software)
- Mecca Brands (Retail)
- Adobe Systems (IT/Software)
- Optiver (Financial Services)
- MEC (Media Services)
- Netapp Australia (IT/Data Management)
- Summit Homes Group (Construction/Real Estate)
- OMD Australia (Advertising & Marketing)
- Nova Group (Professional Services)
- The Physio Co (Health Care Services)
- Autodesk Australia (IT/Software)
- Abbvie Australia (Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals)
- SAS Australia (IT/Software)
- Ansarada (IT/Software)
- Envato (Media/Online Internet Services)
- MARS Australia (Manufacturing & Production)
- Infotrack (IT)
- Kronos Australia (IT)
- Employsure (Professional Services)
- Pexa (IT)
- Odecee – A Cognizant Company (IT/Consulting)
- Estee Lauder Companies (Retail)
- Swisse Wellness (Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals)
“We are proud and humbled that Salesforce has been voted the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia. This award is a true testament to the talented and diverse people we have working across our business in Australia. At Salesforce we are as passionate and intentional about the kind of culture we want to create as we are about the products we build, sell and service. It’s an honour to be recognised on this list and we want to extend a big mahalo (thank you) to our customers, partners and phenomenal employees for all they do to make Salesforce the Best Place to Work in Australia,” Mark Innes, general manager and executive vice-president Asia Pacific, Salesforce, said.
THE 25 BEST PLACES TO WORK WITH UNDER 100 EMPLOYEES
- Rackspace (IT Storage/Data Management)
- Wavelength International (Professional Services)
- 4mation Technologies (IT)
- Altis Consulting (IT)
- Zinc (Advertising & Marketing)
- Re-Engage Youth Services (Social Service & Government Agencies)
- The Bluerock (Professional Services)
- Insentra (IT Consulting)
- Kinnect (Health Care)
- Mexia (IT)
- Meltwater News Australia (IT/Software)
- Campaign Monitor (IT/Software)
- Amicus (Construction/Real Estate)
- BigCommerce (IT/Software)
- Maxus Communications (Advertising & Marketing)
- Cobild (Construction & Real Estate)
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals Australia (Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals)
- Sitback Solutions (IT)
- i2C Design & Management (Professional Services)
- Amobee (Advertising & Marketing)
- Announcer Group (Financial Services & Insurance)
- Vinomofo (Retail)
- Ivy College (Education & Training)
- Gens Group (Professional Services/Recruitment)
- Concur Technologies (IT)
"This achievement is a well-deserved acknowledgement of our incredible team and their dedication to helping their peers. While we’ve continued to rank highly over the past few years, our focus has never shifted from growing our workplace and the opportunities it presents to our incredibly valued, talented employees. We believe it is this commitment that’s seen us take top place this year.” Angus Dorney, general manager and senior director, Rackspace ANZ, said.
Here are the videos of the event, followed by video interviews with Lovrencic, and video interviews with Dorney and Wendy Johnstone, vice-president marketing APAC and Derek Laney, head of product marketing at Salesforce.
Best Places to Work Australia 2016 Awards Night 30 August – Part 1/4
Best Places to Work Australia 2016 Awards Night 30 August – Part 2/4
Best Places to Work Australia 2016 Awards Night 30 August – intermission atmosphere Part 3/4
Best Places to Work Australia 2016 Awards Night 30 August – Final Top 5 Winners - Part 4/4
And now the three video interviews following the conclusion to the evening’s very successful awards ceremony:
The first is with Lovrencic, the second with Dorney and the third with Johnstone and Laney.