It is a major enhancement, which Amdocs says “redefines the service provider’s operating environment”, Amdocs has made a number of improvements to its CES 9 product suite.
In an interview from the company’s head office in Canada, Rebecca Prudhomme, vice president of product and solutions marketing at Amdocs, told iTWire that the new release greatly improves real-time integration from the device to the network. “It breaks down the traditional barriers to service and system convergence and enabling enriched customer experiences.”
Prudhomme said that the biggest feature of the new release is its integration, particulary of the policy component. “Throughout our three-decade history, Amdocs has always kept the end customer, not the technology, firmly at the centre ‒ because the customer experience is so central to what service providers do,” she said.
“Today we’re in the midst of a true communications revolution, marked by the rise of mobile data over voice as the key market dynamic, which is dramatically changing the way service providers need to operate.
CES 9 product highlights include:
- Multichannel Self Service: a cross-channel, self-service solution for any device or operating system, delivering a consistent experience from the service provider across all assisted and unassisted touch points, online and mobile channels, as well as across multiple devices. Amdocs says it allows customers to complete 80% of common self-service transactions within three gestures.
- Proactive Care: based on big data analytics, this solution provides proactive, real-time notifications and recommendations including issue resolution, discounts, new features availability and billing notices which can, based on a benchmark at Amdocs customers, resulting in a 20% reduction of calls to the contact centre. The solution also integrates with Smart Agent Desktop and Amdocs Multichannel Self Service to guide agents and end users in real time, and proved to be 95% accurate in predicting the reason for incoming calls by leveraging customer behaviour history and usage analysis.
- Omni Convergent Charging: integrates Amdocs’ real-time charging, policy control, enterprise product catalog, and service platform to allow service providers to define, deliver and dynamically monetise any convergent service and allow their customers to choose any package at any time and pay for it à-la-carte.
- Business Building Blocks: pre-integrated and pre-tested software functionality designed to support specific business needs and reduce time to market.
- Network Navigator: simplifies the way network planners interact with and navigate through complex network hierarchies and relationships, delivering up to 50 percent* reduction in time to complete planning, fulfillment and assurance processes for new services and next generation networks.
- OTT Monetisation: enriches partner price plans with quality of service capabilities and predictive analytics for business optimisation. Enables service providers to partner with OTT (over the top) content and app providers and increase revenue from these providers.
“In order to remain competitive, service providers need to be able to improve their time to market for new services,” said Ari Banerjee, senior analyst at Heavy Reading, and analyst group which works closely with Amdocs. “Amdocs CES 9’s real-time integrated approach allows service providers to meet customer needs while also providing their customers control of how and when they consume these services. CES 9 manages the complete customer experience: from the point of interaction on the device to the quality of network and service experience.”